Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zucchini fettuccine helps me fit in my bikini!

Hey everyone!

I had lunch at Spring Rolls today with my two aunts and my sister. One of my aunts wanted to take me out to celebrate my birthday =)

The food was okay. There was some sort of Dim Sum lunch menu going on. I ordered the California Lettuce Wrap and the Steamed Chicken & Shrimp Wrap in Cabbage Soup.

The California Lettuce Wrap ended up being a make-your-own iceberg lettuce wrap which involved placing greasy, fried, sauced-up chicken and wilted vegetables in a leaf of iceberg lettuce, wrapping it up and eating it. I was not impressed. I hope the next time I order a meal at a restaurant, I won't have to make my own food (Korean barbeque is an exception!).

The Steamed Chicken & Shrimp Wrap in Cabbage Soup was okay. There were three individual wraps in a small bowl of soup, which tasted like water with a bit of vegetable bouillon. Each wrap was a mixture of steamed chicken and shrimp tightly wrapped in a leaf of cabbage, and ribboned with a stringy green vegetable of some sort. Overall, I liked this course better than the California Lettuce Wrap.

I didn't take pictures, as I was rather unimpressed by the food and the service. Perhaps I will next time, as a visual aid is always nice--even when the food isn't that great!

I'm very frugal when it comes to shopping, but I couldn't help but spend 4 hours at the mall with my sister after lunch. She calls it "retail therapy".

I got home from the mall EXHAUSTED. My sister is a power shopper, she doesn't believe in rest intervals. I felt like my bladder was going to burst considering we didn't even get a washroom break!

I made one of my favourite meals: Zucchini Fettucine!



All you need are the following:
  • zucchini 
  • tomato sauce
  • a microwave or stovetop
  • a peeler, knife or spiralizer 
  • protein of your choice (optional) I used chicken breast in this recipe
  • extra cut up veggies of your choice (optional)


  1. Cook protein of your choice if you decide to have some with your fettuccine
  2. Peel, thinly slice or spiralize
  3. Mix in desired amount of tomato sauce with zucchini fettuccine
  4. Microwave or cook zucchini and tomato sauce until warm
  5. Add cooked protein of choice
  6. Serve and enjoy!




























YUM!

I had one of these badboys for dessert




























  • 2 huge handfuls spinach
  • 1/3 banana
  • 1/2 cup chocolate Isoflex whey protein isolate
  • 3 ice cubes
  • just enough water to get 'er blendin'!

So good!

I just did a bodyrock workout and I am pooped! I recommend you guys try it out. It's called the Fast Burn Workout. It definitely kicked my butt!

Anyways, I have to shower and get to bed. I have to work tomorrow morning and get ready for a night of dinner and dancing! Bye  

1 comment:

  1. Retail therapy totally works!!! And I guess I AM a power shopper...rest is for the WEAK! So are bathroom breaks. lol.

    ReplyDelete