Monday, August 23, 2010

Just another manic Monday

It's definitely going to be just that. I have a truckload of things to get done today, yet I've somehow been rather relaxed up to this point.

The morning started with caffeine, of course



Tim Horton's blend, mmm.

I decided not to have eggs this morning for a change. I had a ton of spinach in the fridge that needed some attention, so I chose to incorporate some green goodness into my breakfast.

I was also craving a fruit, yogurt and nut parfait, which I thought would pair well with a green monster.

















The parfait was out of this world!

The heavenly mixture included:

  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 cup red grapes
  • 1/2 cup Liberte non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp Splenda granulated sweetener
  • a few sprinkles of cinnamon
  • 1 crumbled pecan
  • a few sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds



Green love:

  • 3-4 handfuls spinach (I used some leftover stems)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 Isoflex Chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup water
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 1 huge dollop Liberte  non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp Splenda granulated sweetener
  • 1 tsp Sweet Nothings chocolate syrup

I used Splenda and sugar-free chocolate syrup this time because I found the spinach stems made my GM more bitter than usual

















Let the to do list begin!

I'll leave you with today's theme song. Have a great Monday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment