Saturday, August 28, 2010

You can never go wrong with Indian food!

Yesterday my friend called me and asked me if I wanted to grab some take-out buffet food from a nearby Indian restaurant. That's right - take-out buffet Indian food. It sounds almost hard to believe but you're actually able to fill up two take out boxes for the price of $13.00. What a deal!

I filled my box with tandoori chicken, channa masala (chickpea curry), aloo mutter (pea and potato curry), a little bit of butter chicken and lots of salad. I came home and assembled my meal on a large plate for some visual appeal.















































The amount of flavour on that plate was unbelievable!

Eating this meal reminded me how much I truly missed my cultural food. I plan to integrate various spices found in Indian cuisine into my own recipes. Spices like turmeric, cumin, cardamom, anise and curry all contain many health benefits and should be included in our daily diets in order to ward off infection.

After work, I had delicious grilled chicken breast stuffed with avocado and goat cheese with a side of colourful salad































Check out that stuffing!

















The salad contained spinach, orange peppers, yellow peppers, green onion, celery, tomatoes, avocado and water chestnuts

















Delish!

I had quite the flavourful day. I felt so relieved knowing I didn't have to work out at night. I did the Fat Fighter Work Out before feasting on my Indian buffet. Don't you just love a great work out followed by an abundance of amazing food?

No comments:

Post a Comment