Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yoga makes everything better

I absolutely love yoga! I always feel so amazing after a class. When I used to mainly work out with weights, I often thought of yoga as a light work out that didn't really work any muscle groups. What I didn't realize was the fact that your own body weight will always be a challenge and gravity will always be a force of resistance. By understanding these principles, I've realized that you truly don't need a gym to get a good work out. What I love about yoga is the fact that there is so much stability involved, making it exciting and challenging for my body to do. The longer I can maintain a certain pose, the better I become with my overall balance.

After yoga, I did the Hotel Room Work Out. This work out was awesome! I find that by doing HIIT work outs, I am able to improve my overall speed, agility and stamina. I couldn't believe I was able to do this work out without stopping. I thought I would find it rather difficult - especially after yoga. Fortunately, my body is learning how to keep up with my new routines!

I was starving by the time I got home! Here's what I made for dinner:



Tofu salad!

















After my meal, I had some sweet dessert






























  • 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
  • 5 medium strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 naner, sliced
  • 1 1/2 tsp Splenda
  • a few cinnamon sprinkles
  • a sunflower seed sprinkles
  • a few flax seed sprinkles

Mmm, I love sweet desserts - especially when they're are also healthy!

Time to crash. Goodnight everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment