Friday, August 27, 2010

Cooking & cleaning

I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking and cleaning. I unleashed my inner Indian by listening to some Indian music while cleaning. I'm not going to lie, I actually love my culture. I remember being embarrassed about my ethnicity and culture when I was younger, as I lived in a predominantly white, middle-class neighborhood. As Toronto grew more and more diverse, I found it easier to accept my heritage for what it was. I believe one's ethnic, cultural and/or religious background will always be a very important part of their life. It's always a good idea to understand many customs in one's culture in order to educate others, as well as maintain traditions.

I had a lovely tofu salad for lunch

















Spinach, tomatoes, red peppers, apples, celery and walnuts with sauteéd tofu



My attempts at cleaning my room were pretty sad. I was rather ecstatic to get most of my jewelry untangled. I've decided it's probably best that I leave the rest for tomorrow.

Since I didn't feel like cleaning, I figured preparing dinner would be a better idea - especially since it involved eating. I decided on chicken salad aka CS for tonight.































The salad contained spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, red peppers, carrots, kidney beans and soybeans, along with some grilled chicken breast and crumbled cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese



This one definitely hit every taste bud!

I decided not to work out today. I probably could have if I had planned to go earlier in the day. My plan at 10:00 pm was to work out at 11:00 pm. Unfortunately my fascination with peanut butter took over my body, which ultimately prevented me from performing any exercise. In all honesty, I worked out pretty hard for the past two days, leaving me to believe my day off was definitely deserved.

Tomorrow's plan is to work out in the morning or early afternoon. I find that the more time I have to work out, the less stressed I feel about working out. This ultimately allows me to work out for longer periods, which results in a better physique!

I'm so exhausted. Time to call it a night!

1 comment:

  1. hey girl!!

    I will have to try the vanilla casein next time!! Didi you try the chocolate one?!! U would like it!

    Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete