Tuesday, August 24, 2010

C'est la vie

I had planned to work out after work today. Unfortunately I realized I was completely exhausted when I got home to change into my work out gear. I realized I didn't eat very well throughout the day, having only consumed around 550-650 calories by 9:00 pm. The problem is I can't seem to eat more than that before 5:00 pm and my shift runs from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. This is why I need to make sure I work out before work. Or if I can't manage that, I should bring a mini meal to chow down at work.

I continued the vegetarian theme today as I started off with some salad

















The salad contained romaine and spinach, carrots, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, green onions, apples, chickpeas as well as chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I also drizzled some tahina sauce (sesame seed butter) on top to make it extra tasty!

I had another one of these after inhaling my first serving. I also snacked on a few staples such as yogurt and fruit, nuts, seeds and nut butters. It just goes to show skipping meals is never a good idea! It definitely isn't good for the metabolism either.

I decided to stir-fry tofu again and make tofu salad for my actual dinner

















I used the same salad for this dish, as I had some left over from the other day. I'm all out of salad, which means I'm going to have to mass produce some salad tomorrow aka make two huge bowls of it. I'll definitely be sure to post that!

As for missing my work out today, I don't feel guilty at all. I know that I'll get to work out tomorrow because I'll plan to do so. By properly scheduling my priorities, I've realized that it's not impossible to get things done! I plan to wake up early tomorrow (I'm aiming for 9:00 am) to start my day! I have a lot to do, which means I need to sleep early and wake up early to get everything done.

Anyway, I think this day needs to come to an end. Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment