Sunday, August 29, 2010

The summer cold

You know those people who get sick in summer, despite all the sunshine and good weather? Yeah, I'm one of them. I woke up this morning sneezing hysterically with 6 to 8 sneezes per interval. I thought it was allergies at first but after a work out and a bath full of exotic spices, fruits and herbs, my body was completely burnt out. This led me to believe my good ol' summer cold was ready to make its presence in my life.

My fridge was egg-less this morning, causing me to resort to protein powder for my protein fix



This monster included:

  • 3 handfuls spinach
  • 1/2 cup Isofemme chocolate temptation protein powder
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 ice cubes

I tried a sample pack of Isofemme chocolate temptation protein powder I received at work. It had practically the same nutritionals as Isoflex chocolate protein powder and from my understanding, tasted the same - at least in a green monster.

I coupled my monster with last night's salad

















 featuring a sprinkle of flax and a mist of sunflower. I love leftovers in the morning!



Who says you can't have salad for breakfast?

I was happy to have managed to clean up my room a bit more today. I still have quite a ways to go, however I am making progress! I snacked on peanut butter, honey and cinnamon throughout the clean up.

I didn't want a very filling lunch, as I was not incredibly hungry. Naturally, I reached for the salad bowl and decided to serve my greens [reds, yellows, oranges and whites] with a side of cottage cheese.































I dusted some nutmeg on the cheese and sunflower and flax joined the salad once again. What a great combo of flavours!

I took an invigorating bath today in attempt to feel better. I actually fell asleep in my bath tub! Luckily I woke up two minutes into my snooze to do the Suicidal Sweat Work Out which was definitely killer. I was sweating like crazy! I came back home to shower and realized I was beyond exhausted! My nose and throat were completely congested and my head was really heavy and hot. I was supposed to attend a cousin's get-together but I had to pass due to my summer sickness.

I felt that the only thing I wanted was peanut butter, honey and cinnamon, leading me to give into indulgence. I sort of grazed through my fridge for "dinner" and realized I was full after eating little bits of randomness. I didn't have any fruit and was in desperate need for vitamin C. I decided to trek down to the local Asian grocery store to pick up some goods. The selection was very limited, so I picked up cherries, red grapes, clementines, fuji apples, bananas and strawberries.

















Mmm! Tons of vitamins in this baby. Take that summer cold!

Anywho, time to kick it. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment