Saturday, August 21, 2010

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

The day has been rather gloomy and sporadically rainy. Despite the weather conditions, I was feeling rather energetic today. One of my new goals is to complete my workouts in the mornings or late afternoons in order to avoid feeling lazy to workout in the evenings. I also find that when I get my workout done earlier in the day, a huge burden is lifted off my shoulders since one of the most important things on my to-do list is done. This leaves me with the rest of the day to handle other tasks without feeling like I still have to workout.

I woke up this morning feeling very allergic to ragweed, so I swallowed a chopped clove of garlic in order to receive it's anti-histamine affect. I feel like I don't eat as much garlic and ginger as I'd like to. I find it gets pretty tedious cutting the little buggers up, but I've realized it's definitely worth the effort considering the health benefits associated with them.

My boyfriend aka B cooked up some breakie



1 egger & 3 egg whites cooked with green and red peppers, salad with avocado and a sprinkle of goat cheese along with a side of blueberries



A great start to the day!

After breakfast, B and I decided to put on the gloves and knock each other out!



Just kidding. B taught me some cool new moves and helped me learn some tricks. I had planned on going to my boxing class today, but decided I'd rather stay home and get a lesson from B.

I was hoping to go for a run but B was tired and had to work in a few hours. I'm not too crazy about running--especially running alone, so I decided to do a bodyrock workout instead. Today's workout was called the Feel It Burn Workout. The title of this workout definitely holds true! It's definitely one of my favs.

After the workout, I still felt as though I had energy so I went to my gym for a hot yoga class. I'd never had a class with this instructor, but boy was he ever tough! He included a lot of body weight exercises in his class, meaning I did double time today! I'm actually really happy things turned out this way because I was able to push my limits without actually planning to do so. We all need to push our limits when exercising in order to avoid plateaus.

The yoga class left me with an amazing invigorating feeling



My yoga instructor Dan informed our class about certain body parts and explained what each body part's meaning was in yoga. I couldn't help but think about how fortunate I was to have each of the body parts he had mentioned. I felt so foolish for ever making huge deals out of absolutely nothing! I want to take this moment and remember it during times of stress and anxiety in order to remove their unwanted presence in my life.

I made a delicious post-workout green monster



Cute blue rim!





And a hot pink straw for some more dazzle.

I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm just about falling asleep while looking up dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment