Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's almost that time of year

I can already smell school around the corner! I'm still having a few issues with enrolling in my courses of choice; however, I'm sure I'll get a spot by the time the year starts up.

As promised, I've captured some photos of last night's mass production of salad

















This concoction featured:

  • red peppers
  • celery
  • cucumbers
  • spinach
  • broccoli leaf
  • red grapes
  • carrots
  • kidney beans
  • chickpeas
  • mushrooms
















I almost want to eat the picture!

I included this masterpiece in my breakfast this morning
















The salad paired well with 3 scrambled egg whites
















along with some orange pekoe  tea with 2 tsp Splenda and a splash of So Nice original.

I woke up rather early this morning. I think it was my hunger that woke me up, along with a stress-filled mind. I got a few errands done today, and am feeling a little relieved. I was not sure whether I wanted to go boxing or do yoga today. I've decided yoga will be better for my mind right now. I'm feeling really uneasy about things since school is starting soon and I don't have everything quite in order yet. It's funny because the weather is fluctuating by the hour today. In the past two hours, it's been extremely bright and sunny, very dark and cloudy, as well as super damp and rainy.

I took a well-deserved afternoon nap which lasted an hour. I woke up hungry and prepared some lunch
































I had the same salad with a side of fat free Nordica cottage cheese. I felt like a needed a salad dressing, so I made some Almond Butter sauce, which I got from Heather!
















The sauce included:

  • 1/2 cup natural almond butter
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened Almond Breeze)

Give 'er a wisk and voila!

I added about 2 tbsp Splenda and a few sprinkles of cinnamon for some sweetness. I have a HUGE sweet tooth - especially when it comes to nuts and nut butters!

Alright, it's time to get movin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment