Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good eats and sweet treats

Whew! These last few days of summer are really speeding by. I've been so busy trying to get everything in order before school starts. I'm actually looking forward to this year and getting back into a proper routine. I'm actually planning to exercise in the morning before going to any of my classes! I really hope I'll be able to adapt to such a drastic change. In the past, I would often wait until the evening or late night to get some physical activity into my day. By exercising at these times, I've found that I'm more prone to eating late, staying up late and waking up late. I still fall into this trap from time to time; however, one of my main goals this year is to erase this habit for good!

As for eats, I had some great food yesterday and today.

Yesterday's lunch was unbelievable!

















Grilled chicken breast stuffed with red pepper, hummus and roasted garlic, paired with an oh-so flavourful salad!





The salad contained spinach, celery, green peppers, red peppers, green onions, carrots, red grapes, manzanilla olives, goat cheese, along with some sesame and flax seed for garnish. Amazing!

I decided to make a batch of cupcakes from my Gluten Free Dreams chocolate cake mix













































I just LOVE decorating cupcakes!



Nom-nom-nom.

After a great work out yesterday, I prepared myself a simple dinner/post-work out meal which totally hit the spot



Chicken salad made from leftover chicken and leftover salad. I love leftovers, they really save so much time!



Mmmhmm.

Breakfast this morning was spectacular!

















1 egg and 3 egg whites scrambled with spinach, green onions, green peppers and red peppers, paired with salad and peach and nectarine slices



Some fat free cheddar on top!



What a lovely addition to the first meal of the day!

Throughout the morning, I managed to get a lot done in terms of school planning and course selection. I still need to fix up my school schedule a bit, although it's actually been shaping up pretty well so far!

I was feeling rather stressed and decided to hit up a hot yoga class at my gym. I definitely felt amazingly zen-ed out afterwards. I think I'm actually in love with yoga.

I came home to shower, change and get ready for work. This was the lunch I conjured up and chowed down while getting ready



Salad with red peppers, green peppers, avocado, green onions, red grapes topped with grilled chicken breast and sprinkled with black pepper and sesame seeds

















Delish! Too bad I couldn't finish it before work! However, I did not fail to eat the remnants as soon as I got home.

Tonight I decided on shrimp for dins



Look what's cookin'!

Along with some smokin' veggies



Yellow peppers, red peppers, red onion, green peppers and mushrooms to be specific.

Both the cooked shrimp and veggies found their way onto a lovely bed of greens

















and into my stomach!



Divine.

This bed of greens contained spinach, red peppers, yellow peppers, red grapes, green onions, tomatoes, sliced manzanila olives and okra!

Alright, my belly is full and it's time to get some sleep. Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment