Sunday, September 5, 2010

Green is always in style

Hi guys!

This morning I woke up feeling well rested and excited to work out! Sometimes a day of rest is all the body needs to crave some energy expenditure. I decided a green monster would fuel my work out nicely.

















So frothy! Who needs a milkshake when you can have one of these?
















This mon-straw-sity (hehe) contained 3 handfuls spinach, a half scoop of ISO Sensation Cookies 'n Cream Protein, a third of a frozen banana, 3 ice cubes, about a third cup of water and a pinch of xantham gum.

I also had some tea on the side
















Tetley orange pekoe tea with 2 teaspoons Splenda and a splash of So Nice original.

I did the Fitness Is Sexy Work Out which definitely got my heart pumpin'!

I nibbled on lots of fruits and veggies while cutting up ingredients for the ginormous salad I made. I decided to count that as the rest of my breakfast. The salad I conjured up consisted of spinach, red peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers, celery, edamame,  nectarines and strawberries

For lunch, I paired the salad with some flaked white tuna with mushed avocado.












































So delicious!
















After lunch I did a bit of reading and errand running. I had planned to pick up peanut butter today, as it was a very important errand of mine; however, the store I planned to purchase my all natural peanut butter no longer had it in stock! I was devastated. The grocery store was way too far, so I settled on purchasing peanuts instead.

One of my favourite ways to incorporate nuts is definitely on a salad. Their presence truly makes such a difference! I love the crunchy textures and robust flavours they always seem to offer. Tonight's dinner featured the salad I had made, along with clementine segments and peanuts!








































































Can't forget the water!

So as you all know, I've been missing my Indian culture a lot these days. The other day I came across some green lentils, which taste amazing in curries. I decided today would be the day to attempt at making green lentil curry, even if it was at 10:30 pm. Surprisingly enough, my creation turned out better than I expected!

First I boiled the lentils on high for about 10 minutes and let them simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
















I poured about a tablespoon and a half of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan and added 2 medium chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/8 cup chopped ginger, and 3-4 chopped garlic cloves. I added garam masala, cinnamon and fennel to taste. After a few minutes of cooking the veggies and spices, I added about a tablespoon of water and squished the tomatoes down in an attempt to create a sort of curry-like substance.

After the curry mixture was cooked, I added the lentils while folding the curry mixture over-top.

Bam!






























Mamma sure would have been proud!

I couldn't stop eating it even though it was 11:30 pm! On that note, I must make a breakaway to Lala Land as I have work in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment