Monday, September 6, 2010

Long weekend madness

Whew! This long weekend flew by too quickly! I can really feel fall in the air, seeing as it's been so chilly these past few days. I'm really hoping summer didn't already say goodbye, I would love to spend a few more days - or months soaking up the sun. I'm definitely not a fan of chilly weather, as I tend to get cold very easily.

Yesterday, I went to 
Moxie's with my sister for dinner. I felt like a salad would be my entrĂ©e of choice for the evening. I ordered the tandoori chicken salad, which consisted of warm tandoori chicken perched on a bed of mixed greens, tossed with mango, onions, sunflower seeds, water chestnuts and a mango and sweet chili dressing, served with melted brie on naan bread. 





Unfortunately, it was not quite as impeccable as described by the menu.The salad was said to have mango pieces inside; however, I received only 5 cubes of super sweet "mango" that did not taste very natural at all. I've realized that from making salads at home every day, my standards for salad have gone sky high.

My sister ordered the Mayan chicken salad, which contained lime grilled chicken on top of shredded greens with cheddar, black beans and tomatoes, tossed in a creamy peppercorn dressing with a hint of bbq flavour, served with asiago crisps.



Personally, I enjoy eating foods from home rather than foods from restaurants. It's better to actually know what's going into your food. Another plus is that you get to learn how to cook new meals! Unfortunately, preparing foods can sometimes become difficult when dealing with several busy days.

After dinner, my sister and I decided to hang out on the couch in front of the tube. I decided to prepare a healthy dessert for us to enjoy.



Peaches, nectarines, clementines, almonds and peanuts!



I just love the combination of fruits and nuts. The rest of the night was spent watching Forrest Gump. Too bad we couldn't finish it because it ran until 2:00 am! Luckily Forrest Gump is one of those movies that's usually always on TV anyways - just like Miss Congeniality.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment