Monday, October 4, 2010

Run for the Cure!

Today was the CIBC Run for the Cure for Breast Cancer! I woke up this morning feeling exhausted, but excited to participate nonetheless. I went with a very good friend of mine. We enjoyed walking and running our way to the 5 km finish line. It was awesome to see so many people walking and running for the same cause - not to mention so many people wearing pink!

























I try to go every year for my mom, who unfortunately passed away from breast cancer. It was great to feel the positive energy from everyone around me. I realized that aside from myself, so many individuals are effected by this terrible disease. It was really touching to see how many people could come out and try to make a difference.

I was super exhausted and hungry by the time I got home. I decided a SIAB was in order.






































Spinach, 1/2 banana, 1/2 scoop Isoflex chocoate whey protein, chopped apples, sliced grapes and chopped almonds.




















Today was sort of hodge-podge-ish. I ate some tofu with peanut butter, grapes and almonds. Quite possibly one of the weirdest, yet most delicious combinations I've tried yet!

I decided I read a few chapters from my long list of readings I had to do for school. Unfortunately my bed seemed to call my name, resulting in a well-deserved afternoon nap.

I awoke aware of the fact that I had to mass-produce some salad. An hour and a half later, I chopped my way to these two bowls of love.




















While making the salad, I came across something kind of pink. A definite contributor to the salad!





















Spinach, red peppers, orange peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, green onions, chives, parsley, apples, plums, carrots and pomegranate. 




















I was feeling tired again and I knew I had to hit the books for a bit before preparing my actual dinner. I decided on a cup of joe.




















Nescafe instant coffee plus So Nice Unsweetened soymilk.

Reading became boring and my stomach started to grumble. It was definitely time to eat!






















Salad with avocado-ed tuna.






































And a side of h2o.

I had a lot of energy, so I did the Best Hot Ripped Abs Workout. I was so happy I managed to do this workout because I was feeling really anxious and uneasy. The flow of endorphins really helped me feel a lot better!

Anyways, I'm about to call it a night. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing you did the Breast Cancer race, and especially in your mom's memory. I do breast cancer research and it's truly for people like you that researchers are making great advances.

    Hope you have a fantastic day! Love the smoothie bowl! And I'm a huge coffee junkie when I don't have energy. Most people don't admit that but I will proudly stand my my cup of Joe! :)

    Have a great day,

    Laur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you =)
    It's so nice to know there are lovely people out there like yourself who are working towards making a difference!

    Haha, YES coffee is amazing! It's always nice to get a little vasodilation every now and then ;)

    ReplyDelete