Friday, October 8, 2010

Fat lovin'

I woke up this morning feeling super exhausted! I guess working until 12am might have had a little something to do with it?

I knew I had a day full of reading ahead of me, so I decided to fuel up on nutrition!

Hello breakfast!




















Salad, egg whites and half a slice of Kraft fat free cheddar cheese!




















Check out that cheesy gooeyness!




















I was hungry a little later and decided on a seasonal snack.




















Pumpkin puree mixed with Source vanilla yogurt, Splenda, cinnamon and peanut butter!




















Definitely had a few of these!

I was in quite the mood to snack. I picked up this protein bar yesterday and decided today was an ideal day to conduct a review.






































160 calories, 16 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 16 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 10 grams of sugar sounded alright to me! The bar also claimed to be gluten-free contained only eight ingredients: soy crisps, organic agave nectar, organic brown rice syrup, peanut butter, organic fair trade cocoa, natural flavour and unspecified nuts.




















The verdict? Not too bad. The flavour wasn't as awesome as I'd hoped. The macros weren't too bad and the fact that I could pronounce the ingredient list was a definite plus. I'd probably pick this bar over other protein bars because of its portability and nutrition. Overall I'd rate it at 7.5 out of 10.

On to other tasty treats, I absolutely love fat. Not fat like love handle fat, natural fats!




















Peanut butter and tahini are two of my favourites. I think I would be perfectly happy on a deserted Island with an unlimited supply of each.

Alright, time to get crackin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment