Saturday, October 9, 2010

Busy weekend!

It's been pretty busy lately!

This was last night's dinner, which I ate after my workout.
























































A delicious abundance of vitamins and complex carbohydrates! Too bad it was the last of the huge salad I'd made.

I had to work at 6:30 am this morning, which was pretty dragging. I had two cups of tea and didn't eat until around 1:30 pm when I got home. I hate having such a huge gap between meals, but I really didn't want to buy breakfast from a restaurant.

I ended up inhaling a SIAB made of 1/2 scoop Isoflex chocolate whey protein powder, 1/2 a medium banana, 3 cups of spinach, 4 ice cubes, water, a chopped fuji apple and some chopped almonds and peanuts.
























































I really love the fact that you can prepare a SIAB in a matter of 5 minutes! No wonder I find myself indulging in them on my busiest of days.

I ate an array of delicious food, which unfortunately didn't make it to my camera. Such food included peanut butter and honey (of course), tahini, tofu, grapes, a peach, almonds, peanuts, cashews and some Greek yogurt. I sort of snacked my way through the day, as I had very limited time to prepare food.

After eating, I napped for about an hour and woke up to get ready for my MMA class. The class was awesome, as usual. We started off with some intense cardio, which consisted of sprawling, squatting, jumping, kneeing, punching and elbowing. The rest of the class focused mainly on various ways to trap and dominate your opponent in a case where you're being attacked. I really love this class not only because I learn how to defend myself, but also because it helps me gain more confidence. It feels awesome to know that I'm a strong and powerful female, who also has enough physical strength to tap someone out!

I came home and inhaled a green monster, which was also unable to make its photo shoot. I soon came to realize that one of the loves of my life was actually right there in my kitchen! His name is Kabocha.






































How I love thee!

I never realized how easy this wonderful winter squash was to make!




















All sliced up in pretty little half moons!




















Such beautiful colours!

I am truly in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment