Thursday, October 7, 2010

7 am yoga? No problem!

Before going to bed last night, I set my alarm for 6:15 am in the event that I would make it to the 7 am hot yoga class offered at my gym. Surprisingly enough, I actually woke up for this class and actually completed the entire thing at 7 in the morning - all by myself! This was a huge accomplishment for me because the last time I attended a 7 am yoga class, I was accompanied by a friend. One of my goals for this year was to get my workouts done before going to school or work, which meant I would have to work out in the morning. The fact that I was able to wake up without any issue helps me realize that my short-term goal can be met! 





















After yoga, I showered and got ready for a long day of school! I was talking to a friend of mine at the gym for about an hour which ended up killing too much of my time. I wasn't able to prepare a breakfast for myself, so I grabbed a brunch from my campus fruit and veg bar. I assembled a salad which consisted of iceberg lettuce, yellow peppers, green peppers, red peppers, broccoli, celery, carrots, beets, an egg white, sunflower seeds and hummus. It was super delicious!

By the time I got home, I was absolutely starving. I created a parfait of diced peaches, chopped almonds, pecans and peanuts atop of cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon and Splenda. My camera wasn't able to snap a photo of this heavenly creation because my mouth got to it first.

Before I knew it, it was time to spend a lot of time in the kitchen! I chopped up a lovely salad, boiled some corn and baked some eggplant.






































Colourful plate of veg!

I couldn't wait for the eggplant to finish cooking so I decided to start my meal without it.






































Baked and ready to eat!




















I had a variety of spreads on hand. This one was peanut butter!




















This one was hummus. I decided I liked the peanut butter on the eggplant more because my taste buds were craving something sweet and nutty (as always).

No comments:

Post a Comment