Monday, November 22, 2010

A long hiatus!

Hi!

Wow, I really haven't blogged in quite some time. I've been super busy with school, work and life! My meals have been pretty quickly prepared as compared to what I'm used to. I don't think I can count the number of green monsters I've had on my fingers and toes, not to mention the amount of kabocha squash I've been eating. I couldn't help but go for quick fixes during this month considering I had exams almost every week! I've been enjoying a few days of freedom before hitting the books again to work on my paper which is due this upcoming Thursday.

I made an awesome pumpkin protein muffin recipe a few weeks back! 





















Calories: 108   Carbohydrates: 6.3 g   Protein: 11.4 g   Fat: 5.2 g   Fiber: 2.7 g


Ingredients:

1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup soy flour
oz soy protein isolate
cup pumpkin
tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
egg whites
tbsp flax seeds

Preheat your oven at 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Lightly butter, margarine or non-stick cooking spray your muffin pan. Evenly distribute muffin mixture into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.

These muffins were amazing! They were super moist and dense, and tasted oh-so nutritious! The nutritionals were pretty awesome as well, which was a huge bonus. I had a few topped with peanut butter and almond butter, making them even more divine!

The rest of my eats these past few weeks included:

Protein ice cream!






































Aka green monster gone guar. Yes, I finally bought guar gum, which has allowed me to understand what Heather means when she says "you need both the gums!" when referring to her amazing protein ice cream.

Today's eats


This morning I wasn't particularly in the mood for anything other than a SIAB. I feel like a SIAB is like my bowl of oatmeal. Too bad I'm not crazy about oats!






















It didn't take much time for me to dig into this cute little face.




















For lunch, I enjoyed baked kabocha squash with protein "icing/glaze" which I made with Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein powder. Simply mix the protein with just enough water to create a sort of thick, runny-batter sort of substance, add some cinnamon and drizzle on your kabocha.























Mmm-hmm! I also had some peanut butter with this combo, which was covered up by the "icing". This meal pretty much tasted like a healthy cinnamon bun with peanut butter. I really didn't have much trouble eating up all my veggies for lunch.

Dinner was rather interesting and delicious. I made zucchini spaghetti with salsa (my tomato sauce was mouldy! =( ) and added scrambled egg whites, fat free cheddar cheese and lots of nooch (nutritional yeast) to this mix. I was surprised at how good this meal turned out!
























For dessert, I enjoyed some slices of sweet persimmon.




















I wasn't quite satisfied with this arrangement ...




















Ah, much better (and cuter!). Everything looks better when in the shape of a flower! Alright, I'm off to have some tea and do some workage. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment